Monday, June 16, 2008

Life is good.


Life is good. We made it to Mass without incident (other than traffic in CT), unpacked the truck and have worked like slaves for the last 2 days getting boxes unpacked, furniture placed, curtain rods hung and beds made. It's beginning to look like a home around here. I took Stokes back to the airport yesterday, stopped at Whole Foods in Cambridge on the way home and am going to attempt my first real meal in my new kitchen tonight.
The menu: Pan Roasted Cod with Shiitake Quinoa and Oven Roasted Tomato.
Wilted Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
*everything's local except the quinoa & oil & vinegar....I'll let you know how it goes!
I slept well last night- for the first time in a long time and breathed a long deep breath of cool New England air this morning. I'm here for a week alone...I can't wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juli-Ann we miss you at a Place to Renew! I am so happy (and envious), that you have a Whole Foods Market to shop at. I wish you lots of haqppiness and exciting things to come your way. I look forward to experiancing your adventures along with you and your children through your blog!!!

Love you,
Louise

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it!! I'll be following your adventures from down here in the good 'ole South! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ok, Miss Fancy Shmancy.....I had to Google quinoa!! However, I must say that I am now fully educated on this topic. Very interesting to learn the ancient history. Probably.....everybody BUT me already knows what quinoa is, huh? Oh well, I'll get there.

Take care.....Leisha