Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Farm Aid 2008



I love Willie Nelson. I really do. In fact I really love people who just are what they are....and they don't apologize for it or change to fit someone else's view of who they should be. I also love people that fight for the underdog or to change something they think is wrong. I also just think he's very darn cool. Willie- along with John Mellencamp & Neil Young started Farm Aid back in 1985. I always sort of chalked it up to a fluffy all hype non-profit org. that threw a fantastic concert with alot of great press but probably didn't do a whole lot of good. I think....that I was wrong. I have just checked out their website and it is impressive. They are doing alot to not only help family farms financially but also spread the word about how important it is for us to support small farmers. Their website has a wealth of information about food and farming- it's really fun to look at. They move their concert around to different parts of the country each year so that it promotes farmers everywhere- not just in one location. They source 100% of the food sold at the concert from local, organic family farms....get out! They are putting their money where there mouths are....literally! Mansfield, MA is the site venue this year...which, of course, delights me to no end! Anyway, check out their site if you're interested- you can click on their logo above which should take you there.

No comments: