Thursday, July 17, 2008

First Garden Harvest!

We have tried our hand at gardening on South Park with great intention and energy but with little to show for our hard work. One year we got 1 cherry tomato...which we split into 4 pieces and each enjoyed a piece. Last year we had a few pieces of squash, a little lettuce & spinach and 3 pieces of okra. Our garden here has been enormously successful! I am attributing this success solely to luck and the help from our farmer friend Bill rather than any green apendages on our part. Buddy has also been doing his job quite well keeping birds, turkeys and other varmits away.


Yesterday I harvested lettuce (3 kinds), basil and 3 kinds of squash. I made a giant salad, homemade pesto & squash baked with tomatos & onion. It was so fresh and tasty- the first of many meals I plan to eat from food that I planted, grew & harvested!

No comments: